This delicious and rich cake is bursting with vibrant flavours and is packed with easily digestible plant-based protein. That makes this tasty thang breakfast and post-workout appropriate! It uses one of my favourite nut butters from Yummee Gluten Free: Cacao & Orange Peanut Butter (FYI this is not a sponsored post, I just really LOVE the stuff). It's moist, decadent and as always, vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, keto friendly, low-carb and diabetic friendly. Go ahead and bake your day!
Macros Per Serve:
Calories: 371.8 kcal Net Carbs: 14.6 grams Protein: 12.8 grams Fat: 27.3 grams
Makes 8 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes
215 g cacao & orange peanut butter (or natural peanut butter with 2 tbsp cacao and a few drops of orange essential oil)
60 g vanilla protein
275 g cacao butter
50 g coconut flour
2 tsp baking powder
50 g natvia
500 ml nut mylk
250 g cashews soaked and drained
100 g coconut oil melted
40 g cacao butter melted
50 g powdered natvia
2 tbsp orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and prepare a 20 cm round springform tin.
- Using a standing mixer or whisk, mix all the ingredients for the cake until well combined.
- Press into the springform tin and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- In a high speed blender, blend all icing ingredients until super smooth and refrigerate until the cake is baked.
- Remove the cake from the oven and cool until it's at room temperature before spreading the icing on top.
- Decorate with orange zest, orange slices, edible flowers and seasonal berries.